BC Boards

Very Leash Reactive

I sat beside a road in a quiet area with no walkers, and threw a party for the dog every time that a car came.

This sounds a lot like what I did with Juno with the Look At That game that you will be reading about when you get your copy of Control Unleashed. I followed the instructions in the book to the letter and the game has served me well in so many different situations. Juno is almost two and a half now and once and a while she still reacts to some things if I don't see them first but even then I can get her to refocus by saying Look at the _____.

Initially I was really frustrated by her constant reactions to things while we were walking and then I became frustrated by having to stop so often to play the Look at That game. These days all that seems like a distant memory but it was frustrating for what seemed like a long time. I mention this because I think it is one of those things that can drive you crazy, and at times there seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnell, but eventually with persistence things work out.

Good luck

Bill