BC Boards

Country Living Expo

Jumpin Boots

A few weeks ago Paul and I went to the local Country Living Expo that is hosted by a high school FFA group and Washington State University Extension office. It was something that I've wanted to attend for several years but either always had something else come up or it was filled by the time I found out about it. I wanted to share that it was VERY well worth it and encourage those involved with livestock now or those who want to be someday to look into similar opportunities in your area and attend if you can.

This was the first year they offered classes on Friday night, which we attended and I went to a FAMACHA class and Paul learned to make Kim Chi, which has now been fermenting in our kitchen for several weeks :)

We split powers on Saturday and both attended 5 different classes; soil management, farm composting, fencing basics, ewe nutrition and solar powered farm electrics just to name a few. The majority of the presentations were very well done; it was nice to learn there are some things we are doing right, some ways to improve methods we are currently using and I have a list of new things I want to try.

Plus there was an amazing prime rib lunch! Anyway, definitely worth contacting your local state school extension office and inquiring if they offer similar programs, we learned a ton and made some good connections too.