BC Boards

Free to good home for AGILITY or WORKING!!

I have a BC I need to find a home for. It breaks my heart, but my poor dog is unhappy. He is NOT a mere "family pet" he NEEDS an outlet. With a 4 month old baby, we simply do not have the time to work him properly, and he gets into trouble because he has so much energy to burn.

I got him at the SPCA in January of 2001 at 10 weeks old. So, obviously we have no papers for him. Guinness is 17 months old now. He is mostly black and does not have the classic blaze. He is a rough coat, with white paws and tail tip. He is in excellent health and sees a vet regularly (since his mom is paranoid!)

He has had initial obedience training, but is still very much a puppy! He learns very well very fast. He is a very intelligent dog with a strong working drive.

I will give him to someone who does agility or who would like to train him to do a job. Please do not respond if you simply want a pet. Guinness NEEDS more activity - simply running free in the backyard is NOT enough for him.

Guinness is a good dog. He simply gets into trouble when he is bored. Classic BC!

If you are interested, please contact me at:

tampabaycutie@cfl.rr.com

Thank you for your time.

Have you thought about Southeast Guide Dogs? They have a big facility in Palmetto, just over the Skyway Bridge. Maybe he could be an assistance dog. Also contact KETCH. They do agility training in Tampa. Maybe they know someone who will take your dog.

We take our dog to work with us. He is rarely alone and this was very important while he was a puppy! He also gets heavy exercise every day. Can you take your dog with you during the day?

Yes, he is nutered - He does great on his basic commands - he is very excited when I work with him, though I rarely have the time with a four month old.

Guinness is 17 months old.

I will look into the places you suggested - THANKS!

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I don't come on these boards very often. Thank you for your responses!

Theresa