BC Boards

dogs and work

As a writer who shares her life with two BCs, I am combining my passions (for words and dogs) by writing a book about my experiences training, working and living with these wonderful creatures. I am currently working on chapter 4, titled "Where Need and Love Are One: Dogs and Work." I define work broadly, to include herding, agility, obedience, etc., as well as those little jobs we give our dogs around the house (guarding the cats, fetching the newspaper). I'd be pleased to hear from anyone who has thoughts / stories to share on this topic??what it means to you (and your dog) to work as a team; how work fits into your larger relationship with your dog; if you have more than one BC, any differences you've observed between them in their attitudes toward work; any problems you've encountered establishing and maintaining a work ethic in your dogs, etc. It's probably easiest for me to access your responses if you email me directly at annimbrie@mindspring.com, though I will also check the boards for responses. Thanks very much. Ann Imbrie