BC Boards

HEEELLLLPPPPPPP

Ok, someone please tell me the best way to get your dog to "come" when off the lead. I had Koby in the pasture the other day, and he thinks the goats smell better, and he is more interested in them. (they aren't my goats, and aren't in my pasture.) I love the fact he has the instinct, but he needs to learn the basic commands first. Any advise anyone?

Our bc is now two years old and has often gotten out of his collar, or harness and would start running around wildly (having fun). He too would not come to us when called, actually sometimes he would come just close enough for us to reach out and then run off again just out of reach. We found that giving him his "up" command worked wonders, he would find something to jump up on and stay there waiting for his next agility command which he loves to do. Good luck with Koby.

------------------

Yes, we have gone back to basics. I have a 30' light weight rope that we are working with. When I tell him to come, he just kind of looks at me with a blank stare. Then of course I do the correction, and tell him again to come, and he does it. I don't know if he is chosing to ignore me, or if he is confused. Thanks for your suggestions

So you want a quick fix for a "small" problem. Well, it will be very hard to teach your dog only one, very basic thing. Your dog probably also does not listen to you other than "not come". Try going to all the basics to teach your dog that his whole life is to do what you say.First do not ever again leave your dog loose until you are sure he will come when called(will take very long). Maybe find any dog trainer to learn the basics from(sure would help).With just a little help you will be surprised how much more you and your dog will enjoy life, but a few notes on a board just may not be enough. Sorry to be so negative.

Oh, I forgot.For his being stuck just looking try calling first when he is slowly moving close around you. You start moving away from him, act silly if you have to, crouch down, clap hands,-incite-, But call only once(not come,come,come), he may start untracking better from his staring.Also try other than"come", maybe here,??.