BC Boards

getting started

There are some really good border collie rescue sites. They have great information about the breed and what to expect- since they deal with the ones that didn't fit someone else's expectations. Just do a search there are fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) alot of them.

I agree--I *love* rescue dogs. I got a rescue australian cattle dog last year, then I bought a BC pup that was 8 months old.

Since then I "bought" another older BC to get it out of a bad situation (in my opinion).

What I like about getting a rescue is you know so much more about the dog before you get it, so you are less likely to be disappointed, Also the rescuers I know try really hard to find a home where the dog fits in because they don't want to take the dog back into rescue.

I recently fostered 2 dogs: I found a terrier on the highway and no one claimed it, so I found one home that i thought was good but the person decided she didn't want another dog.

Then I got Max, who I decided to keep. Fostering is a great way to find out what lots of different dogs are like while doing a good deed and not contributing to pet overpopulation.