BC Boards

New England Border Breeders?

I wasn't sure where to post this topic. My husband and I have been on a several month search for border collie breeders in new england that are expecting an upcoming litter. We have contacted several breeders and know of some who do have upcoming litters, but we are interested in getting input from some of you as to who you recommend or if you know of one we may have missed in our search. Our reason for wanting a border is simple--we want a high energy, intelligent, high drive dog to train for agiliy and to be a running partner (as well as a hiking partner).

We really were hoping for a border rescue puppy, but finding one that is definitely at least 1/2 border collie is like winning the lottery (I posted on the rescue site as well). We have always had 1/2 herding breed mixes and were hoping for another, but its been months of no luck searching for a rescue puppy that is at least one parent is a border (which we want for the high drive).

We've have adopted older dogs in the past (as well as puppies), but right now we are at a point we only are interested in a puppy. We would like the experience of training from "scratch" and all things that are unique to puppy-hood.

Thank you for your input. We'd love to hear what breeders people recommend and have good experiences with.

Archived