BC Boards

• 2 weeks later...

this info is probably too late to be of much use, but there's an agility competition in Ogden tomorrow (May 22) at the Weber County fairgrounds. I bet it would be a good place for you to find other folks who might be interested in flyball. I'll be going to it (as a spectator) and if I run across any leads I'll post them back here.

Well if your still looking just try finding a flyball link on the internet. I found one (dont' ask the address i dont remember) and e-mailed a name on a list for a town about 50 miles from me. She answered with the name of someone in my area. It was that simple! Good luck!

• 1 month later...

For the person in Springfield, VA:

There's a flyball team out of Sterling, VA, called the "Beltway Bandits." Their URL is http://freecenter.digiweb.com/pages/BeltwayBandits/

My rescued BC's not quite ready for prime time (major recall problems), but I'm hoping to get him involved eventually. Let me know if you get in touch with them.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, part one- there is no official flyball in Hawaii(used to live there) but there is fun flyball. You don't get the points or official titles, though.

And part two- Beltway Bandits are wonderful, friends with a few people on the team.Even though they are catching up to us wink.gif. I am on the Fur Fun team in Philadelphia. We are the fastest team on the east coast. Our top time is 18.3 seconds. No where near ready for the big time in Canada(new world record 16.2!)

Annie- I am not the best person to talk about this seeing as all I know comes from the Animal Planet channel and a few other BC owners. It involves low jumps and a tennis ball. Object is to get fastest time. Usually there are teams of 3 or 4 dogs (of all and any breed) that compete. They are sent out in relay form and must jump over all the jumps and push the box that holds the tennis ball at the far end of the jumps. This releases the tennis ball and they grab it in their mouth and run back to the team and through all the jumps for the second time. Hope this helps!

-- Malu