BC Boards

What do i do?

Zathea

Hi Zathea. This section is for working stockdogs. You may get many more responses if you re-post in the general section, under General discussion. Secondly, please try to give people time to respond to your posts, OK?

Puppies chew things, and sometimes are bitey - these things are pretty typical puppy behavior. How old is the puppy, and how long have you had him?

Are you giving him acceptable things to chew? Like what?

Do you have a crate for your puppy that he can be put in when you are not able to watch him or play with him.

That could keep him out of trouble when not supervised.

Just make sure that you watch and play with him enough so that you can teach him not to do some of these puppy things.

My Suzi chewed for a couple weeks and I gave her chew bones. I praised her for chewing only the bones and corrected her then put her outside when she chewed other things. Since she is a border collie she took to this really quick. You just really have to stay on your dog or they will outsmart you and control you. Good luck