BC Boards

Flyball question

Hey, I've only done one UFLI tournament a couple of years ago, and I didn't run a start dog at the time. We're going to do UFLI next month, and someone said the lights are different. Anyone run start in both that can tell me the difference?

My start spot was the same at the last U-FLI tournament I did. However my start spot is about 10 feet closer than it used to be with the OLD NAFA lights. I think the last time NAFA changed the programing on the lights they went to a 1 second cadence. The old one was 1.2 seconds. Not sure if there are the same number of yellows.

Jenny

It really does depend on how quickly you release a dog compared to the lights and how fast your dog is to the lights. I know my dog only changed by a couple feet back in U-Fli but know another that moved almost 10ft further back in U-Fli.

I would say move back 5ft and adjust from there. You can get the freebie false start so I would use it. Or if they offer SDR that night before maybe sign up so you can work the starts.

Last one we did, I had to switch dogs at the last minute (injury) Not much help, I'm afraid. However, even starting w/ Zeph, I got a .000, so it can't be too different. If you're really worried about it, you could enter the start dog in singles if the offer it on the Friday evening portion.

I think I found it online...UFLI has one less yellow light, so you release on the first yellow? That's the kind of stuff I was wondering. Also, the timing interval between the lights, if it's the same as NAFA.

I may just move back as you suggested, Kim. Thanks, guys.

Archived