BC Boards

Speaking of the dairy farm in Ohio?

Tommy Coyote

The last I heard they had arrested the employee who was so awful and sadisitic. Did anything ever happen to the owners? Were they shut down? (Like that is going to happen)

So many of those horrible abuse cases make the news bigtime and then the whole thing just disappears and nothing happens to the perpetrators when they get to court.

On September 24, 2010, Billy Joe Gregg, Jr., a worker at Conklin Dairy Farms caught on hidden camera during a Mercy For Animals investigation maliciously abusing cows and calves, pleaded guilty to six misdemeanor counts of cruelty to animals.

Gregg was sentenced to eight months in jail, ordered to pay a $1,000 fine, and is barred from contact with animals for three years. Gregg must also receive counseling through a program that specializes in treating individuals involved in animal abuse cases.

This was from the "Mercy for Animals " webpage.

I read elsewhere that the owner was not charged. Apparently the footage of him that appeared in the video was edited "out of context."

As far as I know the dairy is still operating.

According to the reports, there was an investigation and the Union County Grand Jury reviewed the evidence and found no cause for further charges against Conklin. Link here

I didn't hear about this part of the story until I was looking into the results of the case, but apparently the person taking the video was also on the tapes hitting the cows with a pitchfork. He said he had to to maintain his cover. Here is a link to that story.

According to the reports, there was an investigation and the Union County Grand Jury reviewed the evidence and found no cause for further charges against Conklin. Link here

I didn't hear about this part of the story until I was looking into the results of the case, but apparently the person taking the video was also on the tapes hitting the cows with a pitchfork. He said he had to to maintain his cover. Here is a link to that story.

The Mercy for Animals guy filmed for 4 weeks? How on earth could you continue to watch that stuff and let it continue without reporting it for 4 weeks? Seems like one afternoon would have done it.

Archived