BC Boards

"Gathering" and "Holding"

coyotecreek

That was exactly what I thought. :) Very cool! There were a few things about Grizz that reminded me of a certain Noodlehead too. In fact, before I didn't realize how the dog was bred until after I watched the video. As I was watching I thought, this dog MUST be related to Twist.

Are you talking about the video where Grizz is working while the guy is in the truck? or the one where Grizz & 2 other dogs are loading bulls into a trailer in the pasture?

Grizz reminds me a lot of Sprite too. Which one (in your sig pix)is Twist? Yes, Bud x Maid are behind Sam. I don't like the thought of Sam & Annie being gone already...11 or 12 is not that old! :angry:

Twist is on the top right. The red dog next to her is also Henry's breeding and is a Mirk granddaugher, I think (don't have her papers). The three dogs in the middle on the bottom row are all related as well. The one in the middle is a Pete granddaughter (out of a bitch closely related to Twist--same dam with Pete as sire), and the two on either side of her are Twist pups (Laura's Nick is also a Twist pup). Bud actually outlived Annie--he died just this year. I believe Maid died a year or two ago. (Tom F. shears my sheep for me and we talk a lot on the phone, so I keep up with all his dogs, and Henry and LouAnn are near neighbors....)

Here's a couple of pictures of her at a sheepdog trial last year at Breezy Hill, taken by Michelle Dobbs:

Twist3_BreezyHill_June09.jpg

Twistshed_BreezyHill_June09.jpg

And here's a picture of Lark driving at a cattle trial:

IMG_1620_edited.jpg

J.

Are you talking about the video where Grizz is working while the guy is in the truck? or the one where Grizz & 2 other dogs are loading bulls into a trailer in the pasture?

I'll have to go back and look again - don't remember now. I was a bit disturbed by the working with the truck thing and turned it off pretty quickly, and I'm thinking it was the loading bulls one part.

Another relative, my Nick:

post-3645-073078600 1287147799_thumb.jpg

Twist is on the top right. The red dog next to her is also Henry's breeding and is a Mirk granddaugher, I think (don't have her papers). The three dogs in the middle on the bottom row are all related as well. The one in the middle is a Pete granddaughter (out of a bitch closely related to Twist--same dam with Pete as sire), and the two on either side of her are Twist pups (Laura's Nick is also a Twist pup). Bud actually outlived Annie--he died just this year. I believe Maid died a year or two ago. (Tom F. shears my sheep for me and we talk a lot on the phone, so I keep up with all his dogs, and Henry and LouAnn are near neighbors....)

J.

Wow, it is all in the family. Nice looking dogs. I am jealous you are in herd central up there. I will definitely ask your advice when I'm picking my next pup! I have to travel over 90 minutes to get to lessons on a 10 acre place (I'm sure that's small by most standards).

I'll have to go back and look again - don't remember now. I was a bit disturbed by the working with the truck thing and turned it off pretty quickly, and I'm thinking it was the loading bulls one part.

Another relative, my Nick:

Nick is handsome. He reminds me of Sprite- lots of white with little ticking. He is a Twist pup? Did he happen to look like a cute little ugly possum as a babe?

Something like this maybe?....

post-10573-032585500 1287206241_thumb.jpg

Archived