BC Boards

Recommended trainers in Raleigh, NC, area?

Hi, all-

I'm hoping to have a little more time to spare after the first of the year, and was planning on starting our 3-year-old BC on agility then. I did a search and found several recommendations for http://www.bon-clyde.com/ from about 2 years ago. Is this still the best agility trainer near Raleigh, NC? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi, all-

I'm hoping to have a little more time to spare after the first of the year, and was planning on starting our 3-year-old BC on agility then. I did a search and found several recommendations for http://www.bon-clyde.com/ from about 2 years ago. Is this still the best agility trainer near Raleigh, NC? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

I'm sure it's still top-notch! Bonnie has been working with dogs for a million years. There was a nice article about her several years ago in Our State magazine. I took classes there a LONG time ago with my cocker and she is very talented.

There are several places in the area in addition to Bon-Clyde that you might like depending on your needs and preferences. (The experience varies so much based on the instructor, etc.) You could always do a combination of privates/semi-privates and classes. As a minimum it might be a good idea to try out more than one place; if you contact them ahead of time I can't imagine any of them minding you watching a class and chatting with the participants afterward.

There has been some instructor turnover since the last posting on this topic, so you may find what you're looking for at any of the following that are a bit closer to Raleigh:

Teamworks Training (Raleigh and Youngsville)

PBH (Chapel Hill just off I-40)

Paws4Ever (Mebane)

Julie Jenkins offers a solid agility foundations class at Paws4Ever that I would recommend.

Barbara

I've gone to Bon-Clyde for years and love it. With that being said, they have had some instructor changes. It depends on what you want out of your dog. Do you want to compete or just learn agility for fun/energy outlet? I do have pretty strong opinions about a few of the other listed places. I would find out about how sucessful the instructors and students have been at trials. I would be happy to tell you more if you'd like to send me a private message. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Our trainer recently moved to Raleigh as she is getting married. Her name is Natalie Lewis (will be Mauchmar in 2 weeks) she is going to be doing classes at teamworks. We really like her and hated to see her leave, and will probably have to make the 2+ hr drive atleast occasionally to do some lessons. She has 2 BCs herself that she competes with, and is actually going to be spending half her honeymoon competing at USDAA nationals with Rice.

Archived