BC Boards

New Hampshire?

stockdogranch

I have been working with a student who will be moving to Hancock, NH in the next couple of months. She is very serious about training her dog to work stock, despite the dog not being ideally bred for such work ("versatile" bred red merle; we've had discussions of the differences in breeding for work vs. other stuff, and she now understands the difrference). The dog is just a year old and is plenty keen, and this gal has been working the dog here for the past 2-3 months. I am hoping I can give her the name of someone reputable who can do lessons with her. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

A

She might try -

Roger Deschambeault

2275 E. Conway Road

Conway, NH 03813

(603) 939-2255

nearfieldfarm@localnet.com

This information is from the NEBCA website under the breeders directory. I don't know him at all but he is NH and is an Open handler.

I live about 5 minutes from Hancock. There aren't many Open level trainers that are close. As small as NH is, Roger is about 2 1/2 hours away. Steve Wetmore is 2 hours away in VT, and Denise Leonard, www.tanstaafl.com , is 1 1/2 hours away in MA.

If Open level is not the goal, I can give you the name of a trainer about a half hour away. She is very good if the goal is a useful, dependable stockdog that can work sheep, goats or cattle.

Glenn

Thanks, everyone. I'll pass this along, and see what works best for her,

A

Archived