BC Boards

Lessons Tonight

Debbie Meier

Excited!!! We get to take lessons tonight with Marc, it's been almost 2 1/2 years since we have been able to work with him. Can't believe how time flies and how far Jake has come from where he was back then, us too. Back then a Novice win seemed in the far distance, still have a long way to go up that mountain but we keep plugging away.

Deb

Thought I would post and update while the computer is open at the motel, need more coffeee..

Worked with Marc last evening, as usual he awed me by making little things that I was struggling with look simple and easy, ugh....I sure make things hard on myself.

Ricky handled great and Marc helped showed me where I was going wrong with helping him develop rate and getting his outrun right. Basically stop stopping him and correct him when he is wrong but also make sure that the corrections you are applying are translating to the dog. It took just a couple of adjustments on my part and a bit more patience and Ricky corked off the most perfect outrun.

Today we have the Iowa Stock Dog Finals, Wayne is running Jake on sheep and cattle, tomorrow we go to a cattledog trial just a bit further down the road. Gosh I sure hope we can get it together and get our nursery qualifier tomorrow, I would like to get it out of the way early so that we don't end up hunting for it this winter when the snow is flying. 7 months seems like plenty of time but there are not many trials that we will be attending between now and then, I think only 2-3 after this weekend.

Deb

Archived