BC Boards

Indiana trainers

skd

Does anyone know of someone in the Indianapolis area who offers training or help in getting young Border Collies started on sheep? I placed a young dog there, and am trying to locate someone who'd help the new owners get started on herding. The 14 month old dog has worked a couple of times with Jack and Kathy Knox, and showed the proper attitude toward the work, and should be a willing learner. Both dog and new owner are eager to do well, and would be very appreciative. Thank you, Sheryl Day

Try Tim and Jackie Curts - in Ladoga. They aren't too far from Indy. Tim trained a dog for me a few years back - did a wonderful job. He was very aggressive with sheep, and not friendly with strangers but made right up with Tim. As far as I know, they're still training. They can be hard to reach - just keep trying. The phone number I have is: (765) 942-7821.

If anyone knows of a trainer in the Ft. Wayne, IN area, please let me know. I need help with Blaze, but I hate to go so far. I'd love to find someone close enough that we could travel back and forth - not just leave him for training (I need help, too). Thanks and good luck.