BC Boards

How to check on a pedigree

I am trying to figure out if any of Spiddy's relative did any herding, because I was told that he works really nice on sheep when I had him in the first time at a clininc!

I know, people say well he is 9 years old why start him on sheep. Spyder has more umpf in him the my 3 year old!!

Can I not go on the registeries website, plub in the numbers and get info?

In a word, no. The ABCA pedigree only lists those dogs who have won the USBCHA Open or Nursery finals or Reserve in the finals (That would be maximum of 4 dogs per year). I would think the Canadian Champions would be noted, but am not 100% sure of that. International Champions are noted as well, but not information on individual dogs' trial records. I don't know about how AKC does their stuff. ("Champions" meaning working sheep, not conformation, of course.)

I am trying to figure out if any of Spiddy's relative did any herding, because I was told that he works really nice on sheep when I had him in the first time at a clininc!

I know, people say well he is 9 years old why start him on sheep. Spyder has more umpf in him the my 3 year old!!

Can I not go on the registeries website, plub in the numbers and get info?

The next best thing is to google the registration number and the name, you may get lucky and find that someone has a dog out of the same lines that they have a pedigree listed for on a website. Another thing to do is to post the names and numbers here, you never know someone might be familuar with a close relative. Your distant relatives, 3 generations on back don't mean too much, parents and grandparents would be the most influential (once again JMO).

Deb

The next best thing is to google the registration number and the name, you may get lucky and find that someone has a dog out of the same lines that they have a pedigree listed for on a website. Another thing to do is to post the names and numbers here, you never know someone might be familuar with a close relative. Your distant relatives, 3 generations on back don't mean too much, parents and grandparents would be the most influential (once again JMO).

Deb

Thank you thank you Deb

I will post his grandparents since I have the info on them:

First of, his breeder was Alison Miller from near Greeley, CO

She had his mother who is the first dog on the pedigree reg. with AKC! She actually put a UD on Spyders dam and a CDX on him.

He was whelped 2-21-01. His sire is also a 1st AKC reg dog in the line!

I think she did the breeding for obedience! But I have to give it to her - at least she had the dam OFa'ed (Good).

Anyways 6 years ago she had to go to the hospital with a broken hip (She is an older lady), Spyder ended up in Boarding where he stay for a whole year. A SAR handler who is also a breeder, pulled him in the nick of time, he was going to the Vet for his last trip!!! Then 4 year ago he came to me!

So now he is 9 years old, and I would really like to start him on sheep, he did very nice at a clininc with Judy Vanderford.

Anyways, that his short History.

On his sire's side:

grandfather: Spud ABCA 11709

Grandmother: N.M. Fan ABCA 4142

On his grandmothers side:

grandfather: Moss AIBC 110649

grandmother: Janee ABCA 9673

Does that help?

Archived