BC Boards

Clock, Stock and Barrel

I was just looking around the ASDA website and noticed that this is coming up. I am going to be down at the grounds that weekend anyway and was wondering if this was an event that was worth going to? It also only shows the dates, no times... is it an all day thing for both days?

There are only 3 trials per year in Calgary (that I know of) and I'd like to go to as many as I can. There are others are in Irricana, which I can likely drive to, but the rest are way too far away for me to do.

If anyone has additional info, that would be awesome!! If this is posted in the wrong place... sorry! Wasn't really sure where it should go....

julie

Clock. Stock and Barrel is an arena trial (time and points), and it's pretty much the same as the Stampede. I think it runs all day, like the Stampede.

The trials at Irricana are more interesting to watch, IMO. I prefer field trials to arena trials, and the field at Irricana is gorgeous. One of the trials is a few days before the Stampede, so Lou and Rex and I will be doing that one. Last year, there were some very good dogs and handlers at the trial. Well worth the drive, I'd say!

Thanks Kristi, I figured it would be similar to the Stampede. Maybe I will poke my head in while I'm down there just to see what's going on. I go to the Stampede every year to watch, at least one of the days, so I get the basic idea of arena trials. I would really, really like to go to the few that are in Irricana. I think I would find the field trials more interesting too. Especially for photographic opportunities! Talking to and meeting people would likely be easier there as well.

Are you allowed to bring your dog to these types of trials? (I probably sound like such a dork! haha!)

Are you allowed to bring your dog to these types of trials? (I probably sound like such a dork! haha!)

For Irricana, absolutely you can bring your dog. Standard disclaimer - don't let him bark/lunge near the sheep on the trial field, keep on leash if cannot be trusted, etc. etc. For the arena trials at the Saddledome, I'd say no, probably not.

Hope to see you there this summer!

Ya, I would never bring him to the Stampede grounds...

He's a pretty well behaved boy for being a stray, so after some obedience training, I am hoping I'll be able to bring him along to some trials to get him used to the environment.

There is a good chance we'll see each other this summer!

Archived