BC Boards

Chicken feet

NorthfieldNick

We're killing chickens tomorrow- old hens & young cockerels. I've never saved the feet before, but now that the dogs are eating mostly raw, I'm wondering if the feet would be a good addition to their diet. These are our own, free-range, mostly organic chickens, so nothing gross or scary besides the same dirt the dogs are on every day.

Thanks.

We're killing chickens tomorrow- old hens & young cockerels. I've never saved the feet before, but now that the dogs are eating mostly raw, I'm wondering if the feet would be a good addition to their diet. These are our own, free-range, mostly organic chickens, so nothing gross or scary besides the same dirt the dogs are on every day.

Thanks.

Telling my 80 year old Aunt about my getting some Japanese Bantams and told her the legs were short, she commented that there would be nothing to eat with those legs/feet. So yes, chicken legs are perfectably edible.

Oh, sorry, you were talking about the dogs eating them <G>

Oh, good. People often ask me if I feed my chickens to my dogs- heck, no! If I'm going to the trouble to raise & butcher the damn things then I'M going to eat them, not the dogs! They do get the bones if I bone one, and now they can enjoy the feet.

I did know people can eat them- a friend of mine makes soup from them. I think it's gross.