BC Boards

Making Great Progress in Agility

I had to miss a week of Cheyenne's agility training due to being out of town. That, plus not being able to work with her at home for almost 10 days made me a little worried about her lesson last night. I do keep up with commands when giving her treats (look, turn, etc.), but that was it. Turned out that I didn't need to worry. She is now putting together two to three obstacles, flying over them, and hitting her contacts almost every time. I was standing next to the A-frame talking with her trainer about the resurfacing she had just done to it, when all of a sudden, Cheyenne went up and over on her own. She was tired of waiting and wanted to get going. So, we did contact and moved her toward a jump.

Her only problem is focus, which I'm hoping to start working on this month in an obedience class. Also, the minute she sees another dog, she runs off wanting to play. So, we have a lot to work on, but she is doing so well. She even does the teeter-totter at its full height with no fear at all.