BC Boards

Dogbroke Sheep for Sale

I've got some undersized ewe lambs that would make awesome sheep for someone looking for training stock. They are very humble but not knee knockers. They are 3/4 BFL - the sire got to several of his daughters during our move so they look like mini-BFLs. :rolleyes:

I can't really use these in my breeding program so I'm trying to find a place for them. They will have normal lambs when bred judiciously to an unrelated sire (with caution as to head and shoulder size). A hair sheep sire would be an ideal match to create a training flock for a novice shepherd. There's a lot of NCC and Cheviot in these so one of those breeds would also make nice, easy-care lambs that favor the clean-faced, alert eared look.

I breed for extra super duper hands off lambing and parasite resistance. Typically I worm lambs only once every six weeks and adults twice a year. I don't promise these results because there's an adjustment after every move, but the genetics are good.

The fine wool is easy to shear - I use hand shears. They are extremely quiet, easy to handle sheep.

I only want $50 a head for them, or we can discuss a package deal. There's about half a dozen all together (the dams were VERY prolific!). :D

I also have the pure Blue Face Leister sire for sale. At 250 pounds he's far from undersized! :D

I'll post more about him later, but he's been a super producer for several years here. Again, he'd be great for a novice as he's humble as pie even during breeding, and he's very easy to handle. He stands quietly for worming and shearing, and can teach you to turn sheep correctly because if you get your hands and feet in the right place, he'll simply collapse into a sit. He's $250.

I'm near Danville VA and about an hour north of the NC Triangle area. Also, we may be traveling north through VA to Maryland, and I can also discuss traveling to other locations (any excuse to work my young dog somewhere off the farm :D ).