BC Boards

Nikita had another intense seizure

Hello to all my concerned friends regarding Nikita. This morning as I was getting ready for work Nikita had another major seizure, so I am home with her today to keep an eye on her. The worst part is my husband had to go out of town for work and I am not the best at being calm during theses situations.

I am getting worried that her seizure medication is not working like it was and the tumor is growing. I am not sure what is going on. All I know is that I am scared for her and when my husband is home I feel more comfortable since he knows how to handle theses situations. He has had dogs all his life unlike me, plus he stays calm.

She is on 4 Phenobarbital daily, 5ml of Potassium Bromide and 20 mg of Preds two times a day.

I am just worried that the time I feared is coming sooner than I wanted. Last night and early this morning she was fine then came the seizure. Although last night she had puppy like behavior like chewing on the TV cord which was hidden behind one of her toy boxes stuff full of toys but I did not give that a thought. I thought she just wanted to play and thought the cord was a toy which I immediately took from her. She seemed alert and full of energy.

I was looking at her seizure log and her last major seizure was May 1st. She has had mini ones we believe where her head bobs but we were not sure if those were caused by the tumor or mini seizures.

Julie :rolleyes: