BC Boards

Cody - our dog now going on one year - has starting something new. He has never been much of a barker - whiich pleases my husband to no end. An occasional woof - very deep if a squirrel is really bothering him. Before - company came - no sound - would hold off, mostly shy. He was from rescue, originally very afraid of everything. Now could be Mr. Rogers. Love, love loves to meet people. Thinks it is his job if he has met you once , must do again. Now - if someone comes and he is excited he has a very high pitch yip - . It is almost like a high scream. Short and will repeat. Yesterday - I took Duchess for a walk by herself, as we rounded the corner going out of sight the yip was released. He stops when you tell him. My question is - do any other BC do this? He is a big dog - with a normal deep woof - and this high pitched yip is odd. We guess that he is a little older than 2.

Renoir makes an almost high pictched screaming noise, it honestly sounds like a horror film. Only does it when he's extremely frusturated or if he's beaten running for a toy or the truck, but that rarely happens, paws down he's the fastest at our house. Smudge has a very high pitched bark, but he's a Toller and that comes with having a fluffy yellow dog running around.