BC Boards

Trainer in Tn anyone heard of him ?

As I said in my PM previously sent to you at the time of the original topic posting, I have only had a very small dealing with this man.

Looking at the breeding on our adopted dog (immediate lines to Swafford dogs, which litter this man did not breed according the paperwork but which pups he was "merchandising"), the problems I encountered trying to get her registration papers from this gentleman (she was already neutered and I was willing to pay for them), and the fact that he sold her to a person as an impulse buy (cheap without papers, and both she and her litter-mate sister both wound up being rehomed - not his fault but maybe indicative of less-than-careful puppy sales), I could not recommend him.

However, as my experience is limited, this is only my opinion and "your mileage may vary".

You might be interested in a stockdog clinic being offered in east-central Ohio in October. It is by Elvin Kopp, a very accomplished and respected trainer/clinician/stockman/trialer, and being held at the farm of John Lavelle. Entry forms are found at www.buckeyecowdog.com but you might wish to call ahead as this clinic fills quickly.

Also, I am not sure but I think another Elvin Kopp clinic was posted as being held in Tennessee in September or October, either on Sheepdog-L or Cowdogs (Yahoo groups). You might want to check that out. Elvin puts on a great, inclusive, very educational clinic.

Megan goes back to Swafford dogs twice in three generations, Julie, once on each side of her family. That makes all the breeding pretty suspect to me, period. Until you get back to her gggparents (4th generation back) there are no breeder or dog names of any possible repute. An awful lot of the dogs hail from that general area of TN.

Like I said, I don't know him personally but I would look elsewhere for instruction and dogs from the little bit of which I am aware.