BC Boards

Frisbee Question - What is Double Shot?

There are a few disc dog people in the forum so I thought I would ask. The International Disc Dog Handlers Association (IDDHA) has a new event called Double Shot. I've read the on-line description, but I'm still trying to get a clear idea of the rules and event.

How many throws does the handler get within the 1 min time? Three throw? As many as you can make and the dog can return, within 1 min, and the dog can return?

Are ratings based on shortest time? It sounds like that based on the description

Without having seen the event, I'm having a hard time visualizing the event and figuring out how best to prepare other than to practice throwing the disc.

Thanks for any help and/or thoughts.

mobcmom

Web Site

http://www.iddha.com/double_shot.htm

Here is the load down on the double shot event. you only get 1 minute . 2 discs leave your hand at once and get a catch at 20 and 30 yards in that order. it takes a while to learn to throw a 2 disc at one time i still have problems with this event but it is so much fun

Double Shot is a timed event. The handler must remain behind the foul line and time starts when the dog crosses the line for the first throw. Using three discs, the team must succeed in two catches, one at 20 yards and another at 30 yards in that order (both divisions). After the last catch, the dog must be return a disc across the foul line to stop time. For a catch to count, the dog must have at least one paw in the correct zone at the time of the catch or upon landing after the catch. There is a time limit of 1 minute.

you can find links to all other disc dog competions and clubs. on our clubs disc dog site that i belong to at flyingk9s.com

this events is a blast if you like time trial sytle events

Wow-

What a change from when we competed in the early 90's with our old BC's. There were the "free-style" events, and the long tosses and the extra points in the boxes, then the points for off the back and through the legs, etc... I taught the dogs, but the kids did all the showing. THAT shows you how long ago it was :rolleyes: I am now a grandma. The time didn't start until you tossed the first disc, so you could do "tricks" with the frisbee (in-between the legs, roll over, etc) and until that first disc was tossed, the time counted.

Guess I need to brush up on disc dogs. Thanks for the info. There is work to be done here. LOL.

Thank you the information on double shot. That is what I've been looking for. Unfortunately for me that probably means I'm hosed. I'll be lucky to throw two discs at the same time and I'm not sure what the dogs would think with two discs in the air at the same time. Of course there is always practice and training :rolleyes:

It is a good thing we are in it for the fun and exercise. :D

Thanks again!

mobcmom