BC Boards

who works the dog?

zenotri

Sue, I know what you mean about affording to go anywhere these days. Diesel here held at $4.89 for several weeks, but yesterday was $4.99 (at the cheap place--the fancy places are $5.29+).

What flavor of ice cream? Any kind of fresh fruit is good for me!

A

I just picked two gallons of black raspberries today - how does black raspberry sorbet sound, or maybe just black raspberry ice cream - or vanilla ice cream with black raspberry sauce? I used to have the most delicious recipe for a lemon/almond ice cream. Having you come for ice cream would give me the incentive to find that recipe.

Diesel here is still under $5 a gallon but the gas just took a hike from 4.09 to 4.15 at most places. I've always tried to be sensible about using energy but now there is no other option. Thank goodness our "farm truck" is my Subaru Outback with a small open trailer that it can tow. I can haul most of a ton of feed or other supplies, even up and down our WV hills, and drive the car with reasonable MPG all the rest of the time. Anything (like cattle) that my little car can't haul is cheaper for us to hire trucking than to maintain a truck/stock trailer or other options.

But we digress...

We have 4 Aussies and started one of them first. Then we added the male and worked him with the trainer. Now I want to start training my female and my other girl myself to get experience. We do want to get started titles on them to show puppy buyers that our dogs do work. The new round pen is to start training at home with my non dog broke sheep. Our trainer hopes to come to break them for us. But if she can't I'll struggle on my own (trial and error). Not the best but it is what it is. Hope this isn't too confusing. I'll sit back and listen for awhile as it is what works better for me. The videos are very helpful and can be watched over and over to get experience with what do to on my own (when the new round pen gets done). I hope to be ready for a ASCA trial in Oct. with our new girl. She is 5 years old but hasn't been formally trained yet (only 2 lessons awhile ago). Thanks everyone for your comments and helpful suggestions. N