BC Boards

Looking for info on these BCs (Kuykendall)...

Turk ABC 16612 (male, out of imp. Tosh ABC 9812)

and

Cass ABC 31914 (female, out of Cap ABC 9716)

Mainly I am looking for a 3 or 4 generation pedigree on both, and a photo or other such as any trial, health or temperament info would be a bonus.

thanks all

Do a google search on the words -- heishman turk -- and you'll come up with something. Steve Heishman in VA had both of those dogs, bought them from the Kuykendalls, and bred them at least a couple of times. I'm sure they're both dead now, it's been years since i've heard anything about them. I do remember that Cass ended up hurt working cattle. They produced very black puppies, very little white on them. If you poke around and find Henry Kuykendall's website, there's a picture of Cap (sire of one them) on there in his reference sires.

The last of the Turk/Cass cross is now 9 yo. Burl, my avatar photo, is a pup of a bitch from the last breeding. You can notice how black he is, except for his chest and front paws. You can see a very short clip of Cass and Steve working set-out at the Bluegrass on the DVD, "From the Minds of a Champion" by Denise Wall, when watching the Scott Glen portion. (Please correct me if I butchered the title to the DVD. I can't for the life of me find my copy of it.) The two dogs were working sheep and cattle dogs -"turn-back" dogs, I think, though I really don't know what that means.

Sorry I couldn't help more, though I'm curious about your interest in these two ancient and/or dead dogs.

The last of the Turk/Cass cross is now 9 yo. Burl, my avatar photo, is a grandson of a bitch from the last breeding. You can notice how black he is, except for his chest and front paws. You can see a very short clip of Cass and Steve working set-out at the Bluegrass on the DVD, "From the Minds of a Champion" by Denise Wall, when watching the Scott Glen portion. (Please correct me if I butchered the title to the DVD. I can't for the life of me find my copy of it.) The two dogs were working sheep and cattle dogs -"turn-back" dogs, I think, though I really don't know what that means.

Sorry I couldn't help more, though I'm curious about your interest in these two ancient and/or dead dogs.

Thanks both! I have a grand-daughter to both dogs