BC Boards

Gunner Flying High Again!

Hey all,

Just came back from a weekend of fun and Splash Dogs in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Gunner, Twiztid and I traveled down w/some friends of ours to compete and had a blast!

Both of my boys did well! Twiztid, my staffy bull, intrigued spectators w/his crazy chortling antics and super sweet staffy ways. And Gunner, my sweet boy did very well. His endurance sustained him throughout the weekend and he stayed very consistent in his jumps! Gunner took 2nd place in Super Vertical (height) and 5th place in Super Air (distance).

This is very exciting for me, as it shows signs that his rehabilitation is really paying off. Gunner got into a collision with another dog while playing chuck it in March of last year. The dogs hit head to head going full speed into the ball from opposite directions. He flipped 3 times in the air and then landed on his back. Gunner lost a tooth and had some severe soft tissue injuries which started in his neck and went throughout his entire back. After dealing w/a local vet for a while and not seeing any results, I switched vets and took a holistic approach. Since we started this approach (core strengthening, accupuncture, chiropractic, massage and herbal supplementing) Gunner is making his way back to his old self!

Here are some pics to enjoy of both of them....this competition took place at the Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga, the store is like a two story Costco for camping, fishing, boating and hunting supplies! Incredible store! A lot of fun to shop in.

USB030.jpg

Gunner jumping for my friend Stacie.

USB076.jpg

Gunner in Super V

Gunnbassprosv.jpg

gunnerbasprosv3.jpg

gunnbassprosv2.jpg

gunnerbasprosv4.jpg

gunnerbassprosv5.jpg

SplashDogs5-24-25-0816.jpg

SplashDogs5-24-25-0817.jpg

I will never go back to regular veterinary medicine....my new vet is absolutely wonderful and she has just the right touch. She not only has good bedside manner for the dogs but also for us humans. She's now seeing several of our team dogs as well as other flyballers in the area. And for some like me, the drive is about 45 minutes to get to her. In our area, you can find a several vets w/in 10 miles.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics...

Gunner got into a collision with another dog while playing chuck it in March of last year. The dogs hit head to head going full speed into the ball from opposite directions. He flipped 3 times in the air and then landed on his back. Gunner lost a tooth and had some severe soft tissue injuries which started in his neck and went throughout his entire back. After dealing w/a local vet for a while and not seeing any results, I switched vets and took a holistic approach. Since we started this approach (core strengthening, accupuncture, chiropractic, massage and herbal supplementing) Gunner is making his way back to his old self!

OMG! This same thing happened to my dog Casey, but she was running flyball at the time of her head-on collision + flippage. We ended up doing gold bead therapy (along with other holistic treatments like massage and chiro) because she developed Wobbler's (Cervical Vertebral Instability). She was able to lead a normal life after that treatment. Glad to hear Gunner is doing well! Good luck!

OMG! This same thing happened to my dog Casey, but she was running flyball at the time of her head-on collision + flippage. We ended up doing gold bead therapy (along with other holistic treatments like massage and chiro) because she developed Wobbler's (Cervical Vertebral Instability). She was able to lead a normal life after that treatment. Glad to hear Gunner is doing well! Good luck!

Oh my gosh...your poor Casey...that is horrible. I am really glad to hear that Casey led a normal life after treatment. I truly believe there is so much more we are just touching as far as treating ourselves and our dogs.