BC Boards

Bill at 7 months

Shoofly

Denise Wall took a little video of my Bill this weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNz4lKaYPY0

He'll be 7 months old wednesday. I was putting just a little pressure on him to see if he'd pull up a bit behind the sheep but he wasn't really wanting to do it, so didn't make a big deal of it.

For comparison, here he is at 5 months

and at 4 months

I've maybe let him on the sheep two or 3 quick times between 5 months and 7 months.

:rolleyes: He's only getting better - and that's saying a lot as he had a lot to begin with!

Looks like you had a purty day!

Hey Robin,

He's looking good.

We've been working the dogs in a stall in the barn because we either have 2 feet of snow or there is a thaw and there is ice everywhere.

So in the stall:

Tate is going confidently around sheep in the away direction...biting and jumping back to the heads in the come by...(at least in the stall...not so much in the open field)

We tried the new puppy Spec, she just turned 5 months old and we've had to catch her off of the ewe flock and the ewe lamb flock at least 3 times (over 150 animals)...bad owners

Anyway, she spent the first 3 or 4 minutes with her tail up in the air....and I thought...maybe a little too early, just than she lowered her tail and looked like a proper young dog. We'll be putting her on once or twice a month in the next little while to see how keen she is...trying to keep her off the big flock (and not letting her talk to Tate....it is completely unreasonable to start at 14 months)

Might come down for a VA trial in March....looking forward to seeing you and your crew soon.

Been working Libby in the stall as well, trying not to let her flip off of the heads...i get a stick across the nose if I allow it. She's gaining confidence at walking in on the heads...not easy with such a pressure sensitive dog...but we'll see how it translates into the open field!

cynthia

That sounds great on the stall work, i do tons of that with a lot of different dogs. I bet it's good for Tate. If she's popping back to the heads, you can try putting her on leash and keep her close to your leg as you squeeze around the sheep and she'll get more confident and stop flipping so much.

Which trial are you coming to?

That sounds great on the stall work, i do tons of that with a lot of different dogs. I bet it's good for Tate. If she's popping back to the heads, you can try putting her on leash and keep her close to your leg as you squeeze around the sheep and she'll get more confident and stop flipping so much.

Which trial are you coming to?

March 22 at Bordersprings I think. Coming with some other folks from Canada....if we can convince all to come. should be about 5-6 of us.

cynthia