BC Boards

American Border Collie magazine

I subscribed in August to Am. BC magazine and have yet to receive an issue. From searching this and another list serve, I see that it's way behind schedule (should have checked before I subscribed). I've sent several e-mails, but have gotten no reply. At this point, I'd just like my money back (I subscribed for 2 years).

Does anyone have contact information other than an e-mail address for Craig Rogers or have suggestions for what to do? Have any of you had any luck getting your subscription refunded?

Thanks

Robin

So sorry to hear that you not only just subscribed but that you paid out for two years! Although the website apparently is still set up to accept new subscriptions and their payment, the magazine is way behind. I just recently (within the last few weeks) received the Mar/Apr 2006 issue.

I have heard of someone contacting Craig Rogers and getting a refund, but I think that was the exception and not the rule. I am afraid most of us will be swallowing a loss on this one. It's a shame as this was a reputable magazine for many years under previous ownership.

At this time, even the Working Border Collie Magazine is getting quite behind, and that is unusual for those folks. For people with ads and other time-sensitive material, it is a particular problem that neither magazine has been timely in recent months.

If you paid by credit card, you might be able to get your credit card company to take care of it. If you paid by check, and it has cleared, you should start writing letters (not e-mails) demanding a refund. Send copies to the consumer protection division of the AG's office in your state and in the state where the magazine is published, listing them as cc recipients on the letter that goes to the magazine.

Be polite, but demand your money back. Don't write about what you've heard or what other people say, just that you subscribed to the magazine four months ago and have not yet received any goods in exchange for your money. Mention the e-mails that you have sent (including dates if possible) and the fact that you've had no reply to these inquiries.

Thanks Sue and Bill--sounds like I've got some work cut out for me. I'll try my credit card first. It's really too bad--I was excited about the magazine. I subscribed to Working BC at the same time and have received one issue of that and hope they get back on track soon.

Robin

I was thinking of getting working BC mag but I don't know if I can spend the $40 buck yet or not.