BC Boards

Camping at the Finals

Only 19 more days till the finals! Is everyone as excited as I am? :-)

This is a quick reminder to those that have NOT yet sent in their camping reservation request form, to do so now. I will be leaving on September 8th and will not have internet access after that to receive or process your request.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at nrsnan@nc.rr.com

with kind regards

Donna Cox

Hi Debbie

yes, all campers, tent or RV, need to fill our a reservation form so that I can plan out the spaces needed for them. Thanks for understanding!

I've always been told that the only stupid question is the one that hasn't been asked! I'm glad that you asked :-)

I look foward to seeing you at the finals!

with kind regards

Donna

Hello again everyone!

I have a request for all campers coming to the finals. If there is a chance that you will arrive after dark, could you please email me at nrsnan@nc.rr.com to let me know. I'll then give you my cell phone number so that you can call when you are close so I can make sure that there is someone to greet you upon arrival and to guide you to your site for safety reasons.

Thanks for understanding!

with kind regards

Donna Cox

Donna - When will we be able to arrive? I am leaving here on Sunday afternoon as I have a job with Renee on the practice field starting early Monday, and am not sure if I am going to park the camper Sunday evening (before dark, for sure) or Monday afternoon?

Will sites be assigned or is it first-come, first-choice? Also, are there porta-potties at the camping field? Will there be a water source? I only have a little porta-potty in the camper and usually use the trial/clinic porta-potty, and only carry a small supply of water (not enough for over a week's use).

Thanks for all you are doing!

Hi Sue

On your request, you had down that you were coming in on the 18th, I'll change that to possibly the 16th or 17th for you :-) Sites are a little of both :-)...you will be assigned to a section, and within that section, it will be first come-first served parking. (that is the plan...as with everything in life...it's subject to change! lol )

There are a few porta potties available in the camping area for those that have that need. There is water and sewer service for the campers for a small fee. (different providers *g*) They will be available for servicing the campers on set dates ( approx every 2-3 days ) You can sign up and pay for those services as you need them at the hospitality tent.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

with kind regards

Donna

Oh, Donna, sorry but I forgot all about that arrival date! Thanks for checking for me!

I am helping Renee on Monday morning at the practice field, and so will need to come up earlier than I expected. I could park and camp there on Sunday, but there's always the matter of whether or not there's a porta-potty there. I might just a soon "check in" at the camping field on Sunday and just drive down to the practice field Monday morning.

I'll leave the afternoon after the nursery final if it is over early enough, or Thursday morning early if it isn't.

If the sections haven't all been assigned yet, one with a porta-potty would be wonderful. I could use my little one in the camper but then I'd have to deal with dumping it, which I haven't yet done...but there's always a first time! I am quite used to using the porta-potties, though.

I will visit the hospitality tent (I even get to work there on Sat and Sun mornings) and make arrangements for water. I'll probably only need a smallish amount since I only have a five gallon tank in the little camper and a five gallon water heats-in-the-sun-for-a-shower thing. It will be wonderful to not have to go out and buy water off-site.

Thank you for all you are doing to make the Finals wonderful!

Just a quick reminder..... Camping on site at the finals is reserved for those that are Handlers running their dogs in the finals, volunteers who are working on the various committees and/or spectators who have sponsored a dog in the finals .. Thank you :-)

Also...after Saturday, September 8th, I will no longer have internet access to check email and answer questions related to camping at the finals nor have the ability to receive any camping requests sent through snail mail...so please get your requests in quickly if you have not already! :-) If you have a question or request after that date, you can email me c/o jomur9@hotmail.com .

thank you!

with kind regards

Donna Cox