BC Boards

Goose Dog

Guest SweetJordan

Guest SweetJordan

I'm from Michigan. I'm looking for someone to help me train my border collie to be a goose dog. Does anyone know of any trainers? She'll be going to a stock trainer soon to start working on sheep, but I don't think the trainer does geese work. But after she gets the sheep herding under her belt (as long as all goes well) I'll need someone to help me we geese.

Hi

I know there are groups who do g/c in Mi. We have a goosecontrol group at yahoogroups with several members from all over- post there, and see if anyone can at least give you pointers. For what it's worth, both my goose control dogs I trained on my own- and they also trained themselves. Get her solid on the sheep first, if you plan to work sheep, then do goose work. Sometimes goose work can bring out some bad stuff- as in chasing ;0) which you don't want with sheep!

Julie

I'm from Michigan. I'm looking for someone to help me train my border collie to be a goose dog. Does anyone know of any trainers? She'll be going to a stock trainer soon to start working on sheep, but I don't think the trainer does geese work. But after she gets the sheep herding under her belt (as long as all goes well) I'll need someone to help me we geese.