BC Boards

Virginia Dog-Friendly Event

Guest WoobiesMom

Guest WoobiesMom

Even though it's probably going to be as hot as a <insert expletive here> I think I'm going to attend this, just for the socialization aspect for Mr. Woobs. Who knows, I might meet a cute, single, dog owner as well! :rolleyes:

FIDOS AFTER 5: On the second Thursdays of each month (July 12, August 9 and September 13), the Garden partners with the Richmond SPCA and leashed pets are allowed on these nights only. A $2 pet "admission" goes to the Richmond SPCA; pet food donations accepted for Meals on Wheel's Meals for Pets program.

For visitors with dogs interested in dining during Flowers After 5 -- food is available "to-go" in the Cafe and the Tea House. Food may be taken out into the Garden to eat; some chairs and tables are set up, there are benches in the Garden and visitors may bring a blanket to spread out. Limited seating for visitors with dogs is also available on the deck of the Tea House for those dining there; this is on a first-come, first-served basis.

The Conservatory and Children's Garden are open during Flowers After 5, however the WaterPlay in the Children's Garden is not operational during Flowers After 5. WaterPlay is open on Tuesday nights til 9 p.m. during Families After 5 (see below).

Sponsored by: Total Wine; Oldies 107.3; WWBT-12; Style Weekly; VCU Jazz Ensembles

To get the latest on Flowers After 5 and other events, please sign up for the Garden's e-newsletter. Easy sign up is available at the bottom of our homepage: www.lewisginter.org