BC Boards

Share motel room for VBCA trial Fri & Sat nites?

Sue R

In spite of my dismal record at being the world's worst motel room-mate, I was wondering if anyone would like to share a motel room in Luray for Fri and Sat nights this weekend? I can check rates and make reservations, or would be willing to share a room that's already booked if someone's looking to cut their costs.

It would just be me and one dog, who is good in motels (neither of us are good at trials). I'm just planning on volunteering. It's the only way I can manage to do a decent job at a trial.

I really wish I could but no money means no trialing for now! I'm even blowing off the Finals now so I can afford to go to a clinic, which I need much more badly than the Finals experience *weeping bitter tears*.

However, if (when?) things ever get better, I'd be more than happy to be your Johnny on the Spot.

Becca - I understand what you are saying. Which clinic, if you don't mind me being nosy?

Deb - It's in the shop and I could pick it up but I didn't think it was effective going and getting it for just one night, as it's most of an hour each way (in the other direction, of course) and then I'd have to take it back there (waiting on a part). When I took it there, I thought I'd have it back in just a couple of days. It's very functional but I need to get this done under the warrantee.

But, the bummer really is that I probably can't go at all now. Ed has to be gone tonight and, because of the drought and lack of normal forage growth, I have to stay home to help move the cows to new pasture across the road tomorrow. If that gets done early enough, I might be able to drive down for part of the day to watch but I'm not sure I'll do that. It's a lot of driving for a little while at the trial.

I see by the running order that lots of folks I'd love to see (like you and Sue) will be there. Best of luck and I hope to see you sometime.

You keep talking about this reputation. I want to know what you've done to earn it.

Do you dance on the tables? Wear the lamp shades on your head?

:rolleyes:

Eh, I'd have been happy to share but it's only two hours. I can get a lot done at home in the evening that will make me feel better, especially since I'm not likely to go early, early, early. Plus this way, I can leave the family at home. I need a mental health break from Taz.

I hope you can come down and watch.

Sue's a nice, quiet roommate who cares a lot for her dogs, and is very considerate of her human AND furry roommates. She prefers an early bedtime, and being a morning person, is a terrific roommate for night owls like me who need someone who kindly but firmly is able to drag my sorry rear end out of bed at an early hour so that I'll be in a state somewhat resembling consciousness by the time a clinic starts.

I have no idea about any poor reputations. Now me, on the other hand . . .please note the above on "Night owl" and "sorry rear end out of bed". Plus add the fact that I often drink tons of caffeine when traveling (see note on "state somewhat resembling consciousness") which I don't handle well, mostly manifesting as a state of high excitability by about dinner time and most notably as an urge to talk until the wee hours.

ETA: Sue, you should have gotten the same e-mail I did? I saw your name, anyway.

Same clinic then, Becca, as I'm planning on. I hate missing a trial that's so close (anything under 4 hours is SO close relatively) but I, like you, am having to put my money and miles one place or the other and training is what I need most. I just have so little opportunity to see my sheepdoggie friends that I hate missing this one. If I could stay through Sunday afternoon, I'd go down tomorrow after moving the cattle, but I have to either come home Sat evening or earlyish Sun. I don't know if I'm into so much driving for such a short time but I won't know until I either do it or don't tomorrow.

And I have not been a great room-mate but that's just been anxiety mainly, not a desire to be obnoxious. Thanks for the compliments. I don't mind trying to get your night-owl patootie up any time.

See you in August! I will be camping but maybe I can bum a shower from someone if I don't have that set up then.