BC Boards

Help with a Flyball team name?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any advice on a name for our Flyball team...

We are part of the Newfoundland Athletic Dog Association aka- NADA

and im just stuck on a team name.. I have a cupple in mind but im not sure

they are

NADA your business

NADA's On The Fly

NADA's Knockout Barkers

Xtreme Slammers

Anyone else have any ideas??

Any help at all would be great.

Also check out our site

www.nfldathleticdog.com

Just a personal thing, but someday I'd love to see a flyball team name that was something like, "Really Nice Fast Dogs that Are Having a Good Time." Seems like every team name I've ever seen had something to do with violence, rudeness, or mental illness. There's a few that aren't, but they are so rare they really stand out in my mind!

Newfoundland makes me think of the sea and ships. What about something to do with the historic fast sail ships?

Just a personal thing, but someday I'd love to see a flyball team name that was something like, "Really Nice Fast Dogs that Are Having a Good Time."

If anyone ever runs across a team called "Really Nice Slow Dogs that Sometimes Don't Drop the Ball before the Finish Line", let me know. :rolleyes:

"Really Nice Slow Dogs that Sometimes Don't Drop the Ball before the Finish Line"

I think Ben ran on that team for a while. It's since been disbanded.

"Really Nice Slow Dogs that Sometimes Don't Drop the Ball before the Finish Line"

Oh! Bear could run on that team! Anyone looking for a 9 second dog that always goes down and back ... just not too briskly?

As for names, how about NADA Kiss the Cod?

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Heeeeey...our club name isn't rude, voilent or associated with mental illness! It's quite appropriate for Texas, if you ask me. Texas Heat :rolleyes:

Oh! Bear could run on that team! Anyone looking for a 9 second dog that always goes down and back ... just not too briskly?

Solo could run on that team! Consistent as hell and always brings the ball back -- at a walk.

As for names, how about NADA Kiss the Cod?

There's always one of my favorite Discovery Channel shows, "Deadliest Catch." Doesn't have anything to do with Newfoundland though as far as I know.

Only the black furry kind!

And they are very cute!

I have friends from Newfoundland (and they are the absolute best people to party with!) who have explained to me the very odd tradition that involves drinking Screech and kissing fish. Google it if ye is curious! :rolleyes:

And they are very cute!

I have friends from Newfoundland (and they are the absolute best people to party with!) who have explained to me the very odd tradition that involves drinking Screech and kissing fish. Google it if ye is curious! :rolleyes:

Ya, we know how to party thats for sure! :D

And the whole "screeching in" thing is a laugh!

Screech isnt a very plesent thing to drink though if you ask me.. yuck..

I like the kiss the cod thing.. hehee.

and as for the "deadliest catch" thing, NFLD used to be a 99.9% fishing island, our fishery has since run into the ground, but people still make their living off fishing still.

I still need to get our box working 100%... Anyone know what a STEEL BUSHING is? I need that one last piece for my box but I dont know what it is...