BC Boards

rfid chipping

Would LOVE to have some information on using computer chips on our dogs. Called our vet, who doesn't do this. They referred me to a diff vet, and here is what they said:

They use HomeAgain. The cost to implant the chip, PER DOG, is $49.50. There is a $24.99 charge PER year, PER dog, to maintain the database.

Could someone let me know where this can be done in the Cleveland area and not cost me an arm and a leg?

Guest WoobiesMom

Wow, I am shocked by the prices people have listed here for microchipping their dogs! When I adopted Woobie from the local shelter, they chipped him for free because it was the last one they had leftover from a chip drive. During the weekend drive, it was $10 per dog. The paperwork went to the AKC Companion Animal Recovery and a lifetime fee of $12.50 covered my dog. I don't know if this is the same as Home Again, but my dog's temporary tag (yellow rubber) says Home Again on it.

Here's the website, I hope it helps and saves you some money:

http://www.akccar.org/enroll/index.cfm

Hrm. My mom had her Lab chipped at vet in Twinsburg. Is that too far from you? I don't think it was that pricey. My mom really liked the place, and she's uber-picky about vet care, after losing the Lab I grew up with to cancer.

It's been too long since I've lived in Cleve-burg to know much about vets... could tell you where NOT to go...

Wow, I am shocked by the prices people have listed here for microchipping their dogs! When I adopted Woobie from the local shelter, they chipped him for free because it was the last one they had leftover from a chip drive. During the weekend drive, it was $10 per dog. The paperwork went to the AKC Companion Animal Recovery and a lifetime fee of $12.50 covered my dog. I don't know if this is the same as Home Again, but my dog's temporary tag (yellow rubber) says Home Again on it.

Here's the website, I hope it helps and saves you some money:

http://www.akccar.org/enroll/index.cfm

thanks woobiesmom! have checked that site, and will definitely need to register there once i find an rfid that isn't so ridiculously expensive. northfield nick...twinsburg is not that far if you can send me the name of the vet. i'll call there and find out the charges etc... interesting you know who NOT to use!