BC Boards

Clinic or Lessons Near East TN?

SqueaksMom

I would like to find someone or somewhere close to me to learn how to work border collies correctly. I am wanting to possibly get some lessons on how to handle a dog so I can start training my own dogs. I have a few books, but I feel like I learn more from watching someone work a dog. If you know of any clinics or trainers near Dayton, TN 37321 (East TN) Please let me know how I could contact them or please have them contact me! I have no problem putting an obeidence foundation on my dogs, but I am afraid to start them on stock without some instruction and example. Any info you can give me would be much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the boards.

Mid South Stockdog Association

East Tennessee Sheepdog Association

Colin West Rt 3, Box262A Oliver Springs, TN 37840

Phone: 615-435-6125

East Tennessee Sheepdog Association

Colin West Rt 3, Box262A Oliver Springs, TN 37840

Phone: 615-435-6125

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to hear more about your dogs! We are neighbors (okay, not really close, but neighboring states!) and if you get involved we should see something of each other.

Before the price of gas went up so much I spent a lot of time in East TN making rescue runs and attending trials and visiting sheepie friends (most of whom are gone or not in it any more, alas, or I'd put you in touch).