BC Boards

Wool Ewes for Sale

I have some very nice production ewes that would also make excellent practice for western trials or Finals, or a terrific starter flock. These are not cull ewes, I need to raise some money to pay for vet bills.

I select mainly for a trouble free flock that thrives on grass. I've pulled exactly two lambs in ten years of lambing. I trim hooves no more than twice a year, worm no more than three times in the summer, and feed no more than half a pound of concentrates the last few weeks of gestation when I can't get good hay. They are very heat and humidity tolerant. They do quite well on substandard pasture and get fat as ticks on good quality apsture.

ETA: I forgot to mention why they are potentially good practice sheep. I don't do much training here, and although these are used to dogs, they are almost exclusively worked as a flock. The foundation for this flock was Western range ewes. I used leister and katdhin rams for a few generations and then a Texel cross the last. They tend to handle a lot like Western bred sheep, but much easier. Sort of Western Lite. :rolleyes:

There may be as many as twenty of these available. I'm asking $50 a head but depending on how many you want, I'm willing to talk.

Permission to crosspost.