BC Boards

I'm sure many of you had the distinct pleasure of meeting Arne and Shirley Cox at a few of our dog trials on the East Coast, namely up in Conneticut, down here in VA and the Bluegrass in KY. They traveled in their home-made teardrop camper to the triasl, often volunteering to help once they became more familiar with the trials. They were taken by our magnificent dogs and our special culture at trials, I think one of the first ones they got to attend was the glorious Occasional Highland SDT in Williamsville, where they were witness to Amanda Milliken serenading Donald McCaig with her rendition of "Your Cheatin' Heart" at the handlers' dinner that year.

Shirley was apparently taken ill on her way to this year's Bluegrass while camping in Ohio, and passed away on her way to the hospital. Arne sent this out over Sheepdog-L, and I hope he wouldn't mind my pssing it along to you. Shirley was one of the happiest people I ever met, and she made me smile, just to see her there, enjoying her life.

She will be truly missed, and I hope Arne will find his way to a trial again one day real soon.

Here's the site:

http://www.freewebs.com/rememberingmrsc/

I'm sure many of you had the distinct pleasure of meeting Arne and Shirley Cox at a few of our dog trials on the East Coast, namely up in Conneticut, down here in VA and the Bluegrass in KY. They traveled in their home-made teardrop camper to the triasl, often volunteering to help once they became more familiar with the trials. They were taken by our magnificent dogs and our special culture at trials, I think one of the first ones they got to attend was the glorious Occasional Highland SDT in Williamsville, where they were witness to Amanda Milliken serenading Donald McCaig with her rendition of "Your Cheatin' Heart" at the handlers' dinner that year.

Shirley was apparently taken ill on her way to this year's Bluegrass while camping in Ohio, and passed away on her way to the hospital. Arne sent this out over Sheepdog-L, and I hope he wouldn't mind my pssing it along to you. Shirley was one of the happiest people I ever met, and she made me smile, just to see her there, enjoying her life.

She will be truly missed, and I hope Arne will find his way to a trial again one day real soon.

Here's the site:

http://www.freewebs.com/rememberingmrsc/