BC Boards

Border Collie with...

Arkadelphia is south of Little Rock. If you take Interstate 30 West ( although it is actually driving south it is called west) toward Texarkana, TX you will find Arkadelphia. It is about 1-1.5 hours from Little Rock.

I might get back with you on letting her work with livestock. I have not really seriously considered it before. Not that I have dismissed it either. Just never really thought about it.

We fortunately live next to my husband's parents, so if we need to leave the house for a while our animals are cared for. Of course it helps that we do not have anything other than pets. Although there are quite a few of them :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your feedback, I have enjoyed reading your comments.

Good target weights will vary depending on the dog's build, how much bone she has, etc. You should be able to see a waist from the side and from the top easily. You should be able to feel ribs without pressing down. Candy is a bit keg-shaped (which is part of the reason that she looks like an Aussie to me -- they are more keg-shaped than Border Collies). You have done a really good job slimming her down so far but if she were my dog I would want to take off a good deal more weight.

People often think Solo is fatter than he is because his coat is quite plush (he has "bad hair day" hair that never lies flat, and it's a bit curly as well), but Candy is smooth-coated so I'm guessing that what you see is what you get.