BC Boards

Jack Knox Clinic

Hey All, It's been quite awhile since I have posted. I am feeling on top of the world right now! This weekends clinic was AWESOME!! to say the least.

This is my and Phoenix's 3rd clinic with Jack, and I am soooo happy to say, my boy got through the whole weekend, without getting in "trouble", first time (YES!) :rolleyes: , but not our last.

For those of you who know what Phoenix's snarky background over this last year has been, you know it's a major accomplishment and a big step forward for me, to be able to say that.

I am a proud mamma. He still has a way to go on his "attitude adjustment", but Jack set us on the right path last June, and we have been making positive steps ever since. He is becoming much more relaxed being around all the other dogs, is paying serious attention to the sheep while other dogs are working them and is letting people he dosen't know pet him without backing away and/or growling or barking.

That being said, he is also finally coming around with his lessons. He has been having confidence issues, and backing away and wanting "out", whenever the sheep look at him face on.

I am happy to say, that by the end of this weekend, he actually chose to go up to the sheep from the front several times and not back away. BIG STEP! for Phoenix. So bottom line, Phoenix is progressing nicely, but seems I am the one who needs the "whack now!" Ha! Ha!

Anyway, the whole clinic was simply awesome!!! Fri and Sat weather sunny, breezy warm afternoons, Sunday cooler and cloudy, but no rain..

The farm is incredibly beautiful and our hostess and host were Super!

We got to watch a sheep being sheared, wool being spun, and an artist drawing the farm landscape, sheep and handlers.

WOW!

I just want to extend a really big Thank You, to EVERYONE, who has helped Phoenix and me through this last year. Your knowledge and advice has been greatly appreciated and is finally paying off. We have learned so much, but there is an old saying: The more you learn, the more you know you have to learn!!! Whew, ain't it the truth!!!!

Seriously looking forward to our future in herding for many, many years to come! JoeAnne & Phoenix