BC Boards

Agility is hazardous to your health!

Well....

I went to a trial in NC this past weekend and had a great time on Saturday! Beautiful weather, nice runs, etc.

Sunday it was supposed to rain so DH and I set up our tent, put tarps around it to keep out the wind and rain, etc. All nice and cozy. Went out for my first run with Grif in gamblers. Slipped during the gamble, fell down, jumped back up, and realized that I couldn't walk. DH helped me to our tent where I took some asprin and prayed for it being a twist or sprain and that I would feel better soon. No such luck...DH ran Carlie (no Q but it was his first ever competition run and they did great, I was very proud) and when he got back to the tent I told him that we had to leave, I had really hurt my leg.

Got to the ER. Yup...broken fibula. And not just broken, but surgical. They gave me the option of having surgery there on monday and then driving 6 hours home or driving home and having the surgery here. We opted to come home and have the surgery here.

So I'm now sitting on the couch, lots of pain drugs running through my body, with a big splint on my leg, waiting for my ride to get here to take me to my doctor's appt. Bah!!! The dogs are bored and can't understand why I've turned into a couch potato (we always play in the backyard in the mornings). I've discovered that I am not graceful on crutches, I'm afraid I'm going to break my other leg!!! Plus I have no idea how to take a shower or bath other than a sponge bath.

I also have another trial at the end of March, there is no way I'll be able to run my dogs. I've managed to convince a friend of mine to run them for me but she is used to running an Akita mix that is pretty slow so she is nervous and twitchy about running crazed Grif.

If you have any extra, please send some good wishes this direction.

Thanks,

Olivia