BC Boards

tried out agility today

sort of at least. My town had a fundraiser for the local humane society today. It's a great event and the volunteers do a wonderful job putting it on. among other things they and an agility demo. It was okay, but lets say that nothing else really compares after you've seen a video starring Kat and Dazzle. So afterward I ran through it with Kenzi (at this point I was wishing I had Kipp along - he loves the direct, control and agility training I do for SAR and I think he could have made some jaws drop there). But Kenzi did really well considering she is still a bit scatterbrained and ADD - better than any other dog giving it a try. I was even asked if I've done agility work with her before :rolleyes: She had fun and it boosted my ego a bit :D

I'm not looking to get into agility. But next year I'll have her ready to run the course off leash just for kicks. Maybe I'll take two dogs and run them both :D

Why not find some classes and give it a try for real? :rolleyes:

My intro to agility was also through a local humane society fundraiser where they had equipment set up for people to play with their dogs. I had always played with Luke on the horse jumps at the barn, so I thought he'd enjoy agility. I was right! Next thing you know, it takes over your life.... lol

Why not find some classes and give it a try for real? :rolleyes:

LOL! Cause I don't have time or money for more than one dog activity.... I do train for agility in SAR work, but it's a bit different. On Saturday Kenzi was probably thinking "this stuff is a piece of cake compared to what you usually ask me to do" ie, unstable sufaces, a slick tunnel, ladders

Archived