BC Boards

When it all comes together :)

Laurae

I've been doing a lot of different kinds of work with Taz over the past few months, and it's been a pretty rocky road. I know Taz has a lot of natural talent, but I've really struggled to overcome less than optimal early training, as I continue to figure out what the heck I am doing with him. This past week has been especially frustrating, as he seems to have forgotten a lot of things he once knew pretty well (most notably, inside flanks). Anyway, I'm house/pet/sheep sitting for a friend right now, and I was able to work her sheep yesterday and today.

I don't know what is going on exactly, but yesterday and especially today Taz has been just amazing! His outruns are wide and relaxed, his slicing is greatly reduced, he is picking up sheep in the woods with no direction from me and bringing them back to my feet, his driving is terrific, he is pacing himself, he is taking inside flanks, and he's stopping on a dime. I kind of can't believe it. Maybe it's the sheep, maybe it's the unfamiliar setup (so no history of either of us working poorly here), maybe it's that he is finally starting to put everything together? I so hope it is that he is really putting things together, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much there. :rolleyes: I know it is usually one step forward, two steps back. But in any case, I have posted so much here about our struggles, I just wanted to write about a couple of really good days for a change :D