BC Boards

Fantastic Time at Shoofly

Now that's the way to spend a Labor Day. A bunch of us went over to Robin's to help set up some more, for the benefit trial, and do some run-throughs. It was Ted and I's first "real" trial experience together. Outrun is still rough but I'm so pleased with the rest. My husband was so encouraged that he's gone from "meh" about working with Gus to being quite excited at the idea of learning to run him "for real." It was a real blast overall - the sheep are workable but I can guarantee this will not be a boring trial!

If you haven't decided to go to this trial (September 20 in Oxford, NC), even though I think they are pretty much full now, I strongly encourage you to plan on making it just to watch the fun, buy some awesome food, and possibly there will be time to do fun runs at the end of the day!

Entry Form/Directions

In spirit entries will let you see any dog or pet, real, alive, or imaginary, "run" alongside the big dogs in the program! Get your in spirit registration in (select a class to "run" in) - make sure you are clear that it's "in spirit" - and I'll make sure you get a program with the names you noted, appearing in the class running order. Also of course make sure you include a valid mailing address. :rolleyes:

Whistle for a Cure, for Joan, even if you can't make the whistle make a darn noise!

Oh yeah! We're still recovering here at Willow's Rest, though I'm glad to say that Twist seems quite sound, despite all she went through yesterday, Hooray!

I second Becca's suggestion: even if you can't make it to the trial (and there are still a few spaces left), consider sending an in spirit entry. It's for a great cause--ovarian cancer research--and the team headed up by our very own Joan Stout-Knight.

J.

excited at the idea of learning to run him "for real." It was a real blast overall - the sheep are workable but I can guarantee this will not be a boring trial!

No kidding! Julie and I are thinking about having "LifeGuard" shirts made up for Twist and Jet - the sheep water rescue team! :rolleyes:

It's going to be a great trial and a lot of fun. :D

In spirit entries will let you see any dog or pet, real, alive, or imaginary, "run" alongside the big dogs in the program! Get your in spirit registration in (select a class to "run" in) - make sure you are clear that it's "in spirit" - and I'll make sure you get a program with the names you noted, appearing in the class running order. Also of course make sure you include a valid mailing address. :D

Oh, since it was in spirit, I didn't indicate a class. You better put me in Open, since that's the only way I'll ever get there! :rolleyes::D

ETA: Oh, wait, there is no Open, is there? Put me wherever!

Threre's an in spirit Open class. :rolleyes: We're in good company since many Open handlers will be out west. Ben's running - it will be our best run ever!