BC Boards

Charlotte

2 Devils

What to say about Charlotte??? She was my soulmate. I adopted her when she was between 8-12 weeks depending in the vet. I met her while at my 2nd flyball tournament with my ACD. Rebecca (Irena Farms) had a couple pups that she rescued and brought to the tourney - this was back when Rebecca had time for flyball. Anyways, I just fell in love with Charlotte on the spot. She was as cute as could be and oh so sweet. I decided to adopt her and brought her home. Somehow I forgot to mention to my husband that I adopted a dog while I was away for the weekend - oops. When I got home I did give him the right to name her though. He said "Charlotte" because that is where you were suckered. I have to agree.

Charlotte was a sneaky, conniving, sly dog. She knew how to get what she wanted. She would bring a smile to your face and make you laugh daily.

Charlotte had a ton of issues during the 4 years she was alive. She was dog agressive by right - she was attacked numerous times without provocation. She had episodes of vomiting and lethargy. She was at the vets at least every 6 months and usually every 4 months. The vets absolutely adored her. They could tell there was something wrong and they spent many, many hours trying to fix the vomiting and diagnose her problems - they gave me discounts when possible. She was tested for cancer 3 times before we finally did get that result. She was diagnosed with GI Tract Lymphoma in July 2004. She was euthanized in August 2004. She had a very aggressive form and she went downhill quickly. Even when she was so sick, she was never cranky with me and she would try to play with me any chance she got. She was my baby. The day we euthanized Charlotte was the worst day of my life. When we got home, the hawks that were hanging around the house for a couple months swooped down in front of us, flew off and were gone. They return every year and they always leave within days of the anniversary of Charlotte's passing.

I still miss Charlotte everyday. She is now playing flyball, frisbee and smelling the flowers with all my other dogs that have gone before her.

030608-0849-24_web.jpg

030608-1148-20_web.jpg

Charlotte3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful lovely story! Charlotte must have indeed filled your life with so much joy. In spite of her pain and suffering, she wanted to give you her ALL with all the delight, and little pranks, and let's play antics and oo, that Flyball fly through!! I too constantly hawk watch and now I'll always think of your Charlotte whenever I see a hawk fly through on my drives; yes, that'll be Charlotte and her beloved tennis ball.