BC Boards

USDAA question

Okay, I have a quick question about USDAA titles. I have a dog who has his starters standard and jumpers titles and his AD. Having the AD means he can move up to Advanced in all classes. My question is this...If we manage to get his AAD and move up to Masters (HA!) without ever getting his starters or advanced snooker title, can he then get his masters snooker title with the normal 5 Qs in masters snooker? Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Olivia

Okay, I have a quick question about USDAA titles. I have a dog who has his starters standard and jumpers titles and his AD. Having the AD means he can move up to Advanced in all classes. My question is this...If we manage to get his AAD and move up to Masters (HA!) without ever getting his starters or advanced snooker title, can he then get his masters snooker title with the normal 5 Qs in masters snooker? Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Olivia

check this out http://usdaa.com/binary/files/rules_ebook_2004_appf.pdf

You don't have to complete games titles in order to move up (just the requisite leg in each game, plus the requires number of standard legs), and once you are competing in Masters, it doesn't matter what titles/legs you got at a lower level. So yes, once you move up to Masters, you can just get the 5 master snooker legs to get that title. (At least that's my understanding of the rules.) Laurie

Yes that is correct if you have your AD (3 std, 1 gam,1 jump, 1pr, 1snkr) you can move up to Adv. Upon achieving your AAD you then move up to Masters. Be aware that once you get your 3 required legs in an adv game you can move up to masters in that game even if you dont have your AAD. In Masters to achieve your MAD you need: 5 std, 1 gam, 1 snkr, 1 jump, 1 pair. Titles in games at masters lvl need 5 legs and to achieve your ADCH you need titles in all games and std at masters lvl

Thanks Pat. A friend is entering him in a trial in April since I can't run due to the ankle break. She asked what level to enter him in and I said all advanced. She questioned whether or not he needed to finish his starters game titles before moving up to make sure he can go for his MAD or ADCH or whatever later.

I'm not too concerned, I don't know if we will ever get there as snooker and I don't get along! I can't tell if it is because I'm still not completely comfortable with the rules of the game or what. I can get Qs but they never feel good and smooth.

Olivia

Snooker is my most favorite game in the whole world LOL I love it. If I could enter only one class a day it would be snooker. It can be confusing but once the light goes on and you're more comfortable its a blast

I think that's my problem...no light! I walk the course, make my plan, get out there and completely forget where the 7 point thing is, how to get there, then how to get to the start of the finishing sequence! I usually spin in a few circles, looking around frantically until my dog takes it upon himself to start a sequence...any sequence...resulting in a blown whistle. *Sigh* Oh well, we'll get better. More practice. My favorite is gamblers!!! I love it!

Olivia