BC Boards

Update since Jackson got home

First, I want to thank y'all for the well wishes for me and my boy! It meant a lot to me to know so many was with me and with Jackson! Y'all are great!

I didn't really check Jackson out too much when I picked him up, just too glad to see him again! As soon as we got home, he went straight into the yard, he found a toy, brought it to us dropped it and went into, "hurry up and throw it" mode! Like nothing in the world had happened in the last 24 hrs! But when I threw it, I noticed a very pronounced limp in his rt front leg. Further investigation found it was actually tender up by his shoulder. I called and made a vet appt. for today just in case. Turns out he was just sore. He probly was on the move almost the entire time he was gone. He lost almost 5lbs!!! So, tomorrow we will be going for another lesson and he will be re-doing his beg-nov trial next weekend at Red Creek Farm. It won't count, except that it will be a boost to my confidence in what he can do!!! So, I am glad he will not miss this due to his ordeal! I want to move up to novice, but after the first trial, it kinda put a kink in MY confidence! Jackson had no prob! LOL

So, he is doing fine. Eating a little more than normal, no limping at all. Feet all look fine. Still has a little swampy smell to him(don't think grandboy did a real thorough job, but he tried!)So, it is all good.

Enjoy each day with loved ones and animals dear to us. Life changes in the blink of an eye.

I'm so happy that all is well. What an adventure he had! This is when you want him to be able to talk and share all of the experiences that he had while trying to make his way home. Thanks so much for the update--Jackson being home and safe has truly been a wonderful way to end the week.

Blessings,

Charlene

I'm glad he's doing so good. It will probably take you a little while to build up your confidence in him again. But I don't think you'll need to. It made my week so much better when you found him. Give him a big hug.

P.S. I don't know why in the world on the other post I put "her" not "him", don't ask me why. It was late :rolleyes: