jdarling

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin--except for being a tri your Moss is a dead ringer for my Cap at

that age. Picture made me miss him!

Carolyn--I'm quite smitten with little Meg! I got to see the Spy puppy

when Ann brought my Meg to me in Virginia.

I think I've gotten all the lambs for this year. Some wild colors. Pleased

that the majority twinned. Even some first timers!

Little ram lambs facing off for battle!

063114.jpg

Okay, I finally got away from dial-up and got some photos uploaded. Unfortunately I have taken photos of only the first lamb. One of Joy's ewes had a gorgeous little brown and white piebald ewe lamb the other day and now I'm thinking of ways of stealing her. I'm still waiting on my remaining two karakuls and two Scottish blackface to lamb--but they're holding out!

Here's the first little ram lamb, born early last week. You can see the lovely texture of his pelt, which is what made Persian lamb famous and brought karakul sheep to this country in the fist place (for the fur trade).

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Mom Lolita (you can see how the pelt goes from a gorgeous lamb fleece--Lolita had long lustrous ringlets in her first year--to a long straight coarser fleece suitable for rugmaking or felting):

IMG_0473_crop.jpg

If I can get some pics of Joy's cute little karakul lambs (and a pair of Lincoln x BFL that are absolutely adorable), I'll post them.

J.

Wobbin,

Is that REDBUD?!?!?

Thank you thank you!!!!!! I'll be in VA by Wednesday night, it'll still be blooming, right?

Oh, and with luck I'll be picking up my new puppy too. Apparently he is mostly black with just a touch of white, did I tell you that? Name is possibly Jack? Let's hope he's as cute as your Moss; you remember how ugly poor Dobbie was when I picked him up!

A

A - Mine are just now hitting their peak so you should see plenty. Poor Dobby, he was a homely soul but he's a good boy now. :rolleyes:

Cool on the pup! I like those dark ones. Maybe he should be Jet Black? I'm pretty sure Jet is supposed to be a male name. I'm the only dip i know with a female Jet.

Finally I made it over to Joy’s to get some lamb pictures. Here’s the small lamb crop so far.

Devin’s ram lamb (Karakul). The floppy ears make him look like a little stuffed toy:

IMG_0496_crop.jpg

This ewe is a Lincoln or Lincoln cross. I’m guessing from the way the lambs look that the sire was a Blue faced Leicester (from the possible ram choices at the farm where the ewe was picked up). I just love the perky little ears on this pair, one ram and one ewe:

IMG_0492_crop.jpg

IMG_0498_crop.jpg

IMG_0501_crop.jpg

This adorable little thing is a Scottish blackface x Karakul ram lamb:

IMG_0484_crop.jpg

IMG_0483_crop.jpg

IMG_0481_crop.jpg

We've got just 7, 5 of those rams, ick! I'm still waiting on four more ewes to lamb, and Joy's got one, so I guess there's still some hope for ewe lambs. As all are either Karakul or bred to a karakul, we're likely just to have singles.... I wouldn't have any place to contain 21+ rams at the moment. :rolleyes:

But I am planning a spring breeding of the tunis ewes, so we'll have more lambs in the fall!

J.