BC Boards

Freckles

gypsy84

Seeing as there's no posts in this section yet, I decided to get it started :D

Freckles was my best friend for nearly 12 years, which was pretty much as long as I can remember. He was a purebred 4 month old English Setter that my dad picked out from the Winnipeg Humane Society. He was silly, stupid, and always gave us a laugh. He was scared to confront little toy poodles on the street and would hide behind my legs, but he also found the courage somewhere deep within his bird-brained heart to chase black bears away from our cabin. His favourite thing to do was to stalk anything that moved whether it was squirrels, birds, rabbits, and the scariest of them all... seaweed!!

Freckies was also magic too! To make him disappear, all you had to do was mention the word "BATH", even in a whisper, and *POOF* he was gone! :D He was one of the stupidest dogs I've ever seen, but also one of the best family dogs. Correction, he was THE best family dog! :D He put up with hours of endless dressup that me and my 2 sisters would force him to endure (although I personally think he enjoyed getting all dolled up :D). He would also go through varying shades of rainbow and tye-dye whenever Halloween would come around!

Freckles was dumb, but he did learn some tricks. He knew the usual sit, down, stay etc.. but his speciality was "hi" and "spin". He also had amazing self control and we could put a treat inside his mouth and he wouldn't eat it until we told him ok.

He got into all kinds of trouble, especially in his younger years. One time he ate the insides of 2 different blueberry pies that were left on the counter to cool (and of course he left the crust there :D). He also sat on a fish hook that someone left on the dock at our lake, and he made some of the most horrible sounds I've ever heard! Not to mention the time he helped himself to an entire plate of hamburgers too - my dad was not impressed :D

Freckles loved boat rides, car rides, bike rides, and especially wagon rides! We had a little red wagon that he would sit in and get pulled around the neighbourhood looking very pleased with himself.

Freckles was one of the most silly and the most dignified (at different times of course :D) dogs that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, not to mention owning. Sadly he passed away on December 15, 2006 after a long, happy, spirited life full of squirrels and long walks. He was such an amazing dog and I'll never forget my first four-legged best friend. Rest in peace my old guy. I love you. :rolleyes:

march13006.jpg

• 3 weeks later...